First Floor, Suite 2, 30B Crown St, Brentwood, Essex, CM14 4BA 01277 563698 Mon - Fri (Excl Wed) 9:00 - 17:00

Self Assessment

The process in which someone self assesses their tax liability

Courtier and Courtier can prepare and submit Self-Assessment Tax Returns for individuals, and Directors of Ltd Companies.

If you are a director its likely you will need to declare your income, usually in the form of Dividends.

If you're a Self Employed Partnership or Sole Trader, you are also required to declare your income and expenses.

In both senarios, you will be required to declare any income to which tax becomes due.

There may be other factors which determine whether a higher or lower amount of tax is owed, such as Capital Allowances, or a Capital Gain.

Self-Assessment filing deadlines are 31st October by paper, or 31st January for online, each year.
With tax being due each January and sometimes July also.

As well as tax, if you're Self-Employed, National Insurance Contributions will also be due.

We gather all information necessary in order to complete your Self-Assessment.
We take in to account all forms of income, to populate the correct pages.
We can advise on the best methods to reduce your tax bill.
Detailed analysis of tax due and when to pay.
And our fees are tax deductable!

Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax is the tax you pay on profit arising from the sale of an asset.
The sale of a let property is the most common asset in which capital gains tax becomes due.
There are many ways in which you can reduce the amount of capital gains tax you pay. We can advise on the best methods to reduce your tax.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. -- Benjamin Franklin

Contact Us

For enquires please use the contact form below

Contact Us